The March large-scale indexation of pensions affected the payments of more than 10 million pensioners, including people with disabilities from among the liquidators of the consequences of the Chernobyl accident.
According to the legislation, for persons with disabilities in respect of whom a causal relationship of disability with the Chernobyl disaster has been established and who are participants in the liquidation of the consequences of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, the minimum pension payment cannot be lower than:
– for persons with disabilities of the 1st group – 100% of the average wage (income) in Ukraine, from which insurance premiums are paid and taken into account for calculating the pension for the previous year;
– for persons with disabilities of the 2nd group – 80%;
– for persons with disabilities of the 3rd group – 60%.
If the pension of persons with disabilities (taking into account all allowances and compensations) does not reach such amounts, such persons are paid a monthly state targeted pension allowance in the amount that is not enough to the specified amount, reminds “NaPensii”.
The minimum pension increases from March 1, based on the average wage in Ukraine, from which insurance premiums are paid and taken into account for calculating pensions, for the year preceding the year of recalculation of the monthly allowance to pension. For 2022, this is UAH 13,376.21.
Based on this, from March 1, 2023, the minimum pension for disabled liquidators of the consequences of the Chernobyl accident cannot be lower:
– for persons with disabilities of the 1st group – UAH 13,376.21 (to 01.03.2023 – UAH 12,993.56);
– for persons with disabilities of the 2nd group – UAH 10,700.97 (to 01.03.2023 – UAH 10,394.85);
– for persons with disabilities of the 3rd group – UAH 8,025.73 (to 01.03.2023 – UAH 7,796.14).
Earlier wrote that the pensions of Ukrainian prosecutors are much higher than those of European colleagues.
I am currently working as a news website author at Daily News Hack. I mostly cover trending news and have been doing so for quite some time now. I have always had a keen interest in current affairs and the world around me, which is what led me to my current job.
I firmly believe that the best way to learn about something is by doing it yourself and that is why I love my job so much. It allows me to be constantly learning about new things and then sharing that knowledge with others.
I am also a big believer in the power of networking and building relationships. I think that LinkedIn is a great platform for connecting with like-minded people from all over the world.